25/11/2022 1:00 PM GMT+7 TP HCM
The Water Sustainability and Green Technologies Symposium (WSGT 2022) was jointly organized on 25-26th November 2022 in Ho Chi Minh city. by IRD, the Key Lab, the University of Technology Sydney, Grenoble INP, CARE-Rescif, Van Lang University, the Institute of materials and environment and the Faculty of Civil Engineering at the Ho Chi Minh University of Technology. WSGT 2022 covered the latest scientific & technological developments for:
- Contaminant fluxes from land to ocean (nutrients, contaminants of emerging concerns (CECs), and microplastics (MiPs));
- Fate and impacts of contaminants (nutrients, CECs, MiPs) in water resources & urban water supply system;
- Sustainable urban water management: urban nature-based solutions (NbS), stormwater management and wastewater treatment, reclamation and reuse of treated wastewater and urban stormwater;
- Integrated energy and resource recovery from wastes;
- Vulnerability of water resources (surface water and underground water);
- Nanotechnology and materials for water and wastewater treatment;
- Advanced analytical methods for water and wastewater;
- Disruptive technologies and applications for water resource treatment and management;
- Effects of air pollution on rainwater and water bodies, and air pollution control and monitoring.
The conference attracted over 150 experts from 10 countries including France, Thailand, the Philippines, India, Australia... with 31 presentations and 51 posters. This conference is convened every two years.
For further information, please visit the following link: https://conferences.hcmut.edu.vn/WSGT2022
On 22/10/2015, CARE has organized the meeting of the Scientific Council with the chairmanship of Dr. Nicolas Gratiot - Director and Chairman of the Scientific Council, Assoc. Pro. Vo Le Phu (on behalf of Assoc. Pro. Nguyen Phuoc Dan - Deputy Chairman)
Project description The availability of High Resolution Imagery (spatial, spectral, and radiometric) with an increased time revisit (Landsat-8 and now Sentinel-2) opens the way to a more detailed observation of coastal zones and inland waters (large rivers, lakes and reservoirs)
On 08 September 2016, the delegation from Institute of Research for Development (IRD – France) led by Mr. Thierry Lebel - Director of the Promotion of Interdisciplinary and Intersectoriality and Mr. Frédéric Ménard
The pretty work, a monography collection of 15 megacities in the world about "Water, megacities and Global Change”, has been published by UNESCO. The CARE Lab-HCMUT Researchers are honored to represent Ho Chi Minh City by contributing an article
CARE Lab-HCMUT is pleased to present you our publication of the monography "Ho Chi Minh City growing with water-related challenges".
CARE Lab-HCMUT and PADDI, a member of the Ho Chi Minh City delegation, participated in the 26th Environment exhibition POLLUTEC, Lyon (France), which took place from 30/11 to 02/12/2016.
Tuteur: Dr. BUI Xuan ThanhAssociate Professor in Environmental Engineering,Head, Department of Water Science & Technology Faculty of Environment & Natural Resources